Timeless Fall Trends
I love fall-season fashion, and with tomorrow being the first day of fall, it feels like the perfect time to check-in with our closets!
The transition from summer to winter in Canada can sometimes feel abrupt, but there are a few weeks here & there where I can wear start to layer and bring out the cozy cardigans & coats.
Fall is also a time where we easily confuse our fashion wants vs needs. Clothes are put away during the warmer weather, and we forget about them. Season trends come in to full force, and it takes everything not to be swayed by this impulse to belong.
You can look to the trend as a guideline, but on your own closet’s terms.
Although often seen as boring & shapeless, I truly believe that sustainable clothing can be timeless & fashionable. It is in the way in which we style them that makes a crucial difference. You can look to the 2022 fall trends as guidelines, but on your own closet terms.
Fashion Questions: Do you truly love it or is it a trend?
When picking pieces, I try to think about not just whether I like it now, but whether I will find it functional ten years from now.
Besides the obvious sustainability requirements we ask of the brands we shop, here are some garment specific questions to keep in mind when browsing:
- Is it something that fits me well, but would be still wearable if I gained or lost a few pounds?
- Is it a colour/design that I can see myself wearing with many pieces in my wardrobe?
- Is it easy to take care of or does it have more specific requirements like dry cleaning?
- Can it be worn for at least two seasons of the year?
- Does it look and feel durable?
- Do I want the item just because it is all over social media right now or does it feel timeless?
Hopefully these questions can help bring you clarity on your fall fashion choices for years to come!
Fall Pieces You Will Love
Of-course there is a time where we truly need to get a new item and so I created a list of staples that I adore I know you will love.
Keep in mind that the price of these items below reflects the INVESTMENT of wearing these clothes for years to come.
To put it in to perspective, say you own ten cheaply-made items that cost $20 each. Next year, these items are worn, torn, colour fading, and turn into pjs. And so you have to buy more,
that’s $200 per year and a lot of waste.
However, when buying one item of quality, such as below,
that’s $200 every 10 years and barely any waste.
IT JUST MAKES SENSE NO??
Let’s begin shall we!
- If you are looking for the perfect cardigan/jumper:
GASPARD JUMPER – $120 US // 2xs – 3X
- If you are looking for a turtleneck but get anxiety from tight necks:
CROP MOCKNECK– $88 CAD // XS- 2X
(I think I am actually going to get this……. obsessed ⬆️)
- If you are looking for a coat perfect for layering:
WRAP JACKET– $365 CAD // XS-3XL
I have this jacket in both colours teehee 👩🏼🍳 🤌🏼
- If you are looking for spring, fall & winter pants all-in-one:
THE WIDE LEG TROUSER – $205 // 0-18
What is also great about Vetta is you can actually Build Your Own Capsule, to get cohesive staples in one go!
- If you are looking for eco-friendly winter sun protection:
CAPELLA BLACK – $135
- If you are looking for a fine AF vegan leather bag:
FIRE Recycled Vegan Leather Flap Crossbody Bag –
$338 $270 CAD
- If you are looking for shoes to weather the weather:
LUXE DEEP TREAD CHELSEA BOOTS – $130 USD // 4-11
- If you are looking to cozy up your noggin’:
RECYCLED CASHMERE BEANIE –
$75 $45 US
- If you are looking for that snuggly scarf:
One thought on “Sustainable Fashion: Timeless Fall Trends 2022”