AD Disclaimer: This blog post is sponsored by Understance.
and we are back!
Remember when I worked with Understance a few months ago?! Well, we all had such a blast that we are back with a collaboration for the launch of one of their newest bras!
Let’s start with a brief overview of who they are. Understance is a comfort-first lingerie brand that began their journey in September 2020. They actually were in the process of launching during the pandemic and ended up pushing their way through adversity to pursue their dreams! They are sustainable, ethical, and 100% female owned! Understance is made up of a group of passionate individuals and I am obsessed with their products (and their prices!)
You can visit Understance located at 1024 Robson St for a FREE expert bra fitting
The Cate Bra – $49 CAD
Meet Cate, Zoe’s wireless little sister. Cate is a non-padded, lightly lined lace bra/bralette hybrid that follows your natural shape.
- The center gore features a non-stretch mesh to provide separation without an underwire. It is incredibly impressive at making me feel supported without also feeling trapped or suffocated.
- Made of a mixture of Polyamide and Spandex
- Offered in sizes 30-46 B to DD ( if you are a different size, Understance has other options for you!
- Lace is molded for a dart-free finish on the cups
- Made for more projected shapes. People with less projection may cup size down
- No underwire, no side boning, no hardware except hook-and-eye closure
Soft Touch Seamless Hipster – $18 CAD
- Made of 88% modal 12% spandex ; Gusset 100% cotton
- Offered from sizes XS – 4X
- Incredibly soft, easy to move in, and supportive.
- It’s free-cut (no seam at leg opening), cool to the touch, and ultra-flattering.
- Modal is a plant-based fabric made from the pulp of beech trees. It’s popular for its soft hand-feel and breathability
- Regular rise. Sits below the natural waist
My Experience: The Cate Wireless Bra
When I first got my hands on the Cate Bra, I was a little weary due to the thick back clasps. Just from previous experience, most bras that have this feature end up making me feel super claustrophobic and way too locked in. But that was the only feature that made me think of the bras I dread so much.
What I personally love about the Cate Bra is that it comes with no padding, no wiring, and it gives a little peek-a-boo look with the lace mesh. The support of the bra itself feels like a sports bra, but still feels sexy.
I tested the Cate bra underneath clothing, since I typically find bras with lace end up showing through more. I can say that this bra was barely visible under clothing. I also noticed that due to the wide but soft straps, there was no digging and no bulging of the skin that is typically visible through a t-shirt with most bras.
I adore the mocha colour! I would say this colour is more red in person than it is pictured on their website. But from what I am learning with my hair colour, red is basically a part of brown hahah.
Understance also wanted me to let them know if there were any improvements I could suggest for the bra. I honestly could find nothing wrong with the Cate Bra and can see myself wearing it day-to-night and beyond! I think this bra can become such a staple and will support anyone through their busy lifestyle!
Check out my reel where I give a more in depth look into to how the Cate Bra functions in movement!
Make sure to visit Understance located at 1024 Robson St for a FREE expert bra fitting
Take care of your delicates!
Bras: Hand wash and line dry for longest bra life. If you machine wash, hook bras, wash on delicate, and dry on low heat. Use a lingerie bag to protect underwires.
Underwear: Hand wash and line dry for longest product life. If you machine wash, wash on delicate, and dry on low heat.
Understance factories produce 50% less wastewater than other manufacturers.
Their tags are made from 100% recycled materials and our packaging is 100% recyclable.
Shop the Cate Wireless Bra with my discount code CHRISTINE15
for many happy boob times ahead!